Apple co-founder no longer recognises the company he built, criticises it over Apple Watch

Steve Wozniak (Getty Images)
“I love my Apple Watch, but - it’s taken us into a jewellery market."
Steve Wozniak, Apple co-founder said he no longer recognises the company he built, according to The Guardian .

Wozniak criticises company over Apple Watch and says it has taken the company into a jewellery market.

He told in an interview on Reddit , "I love my Apple Watch, but - it’s taken us into a jewellery market where you’re going to buy a watch between $500 or $1,100 based on how important you think you are as a person."

"The only difference is the band in all those watches. Twenty watches from $500 to $1,100. The band’s the only difference? Well this isn’t the company that Apple was originally, or the company that really changed the world a lot," he added further.

On the contrary, Wozniak had strong words of support for the company over its battle with FBI over encryption and security on iPhones.

He said, "I come from the side of personal liberties. But there are also other problems."

According to The Guardian he further added, "Twice in my life I wrote things that could have been viruses. I threw away every bit of source code. I just got a chill inside. These are dangerous, dangerous things, and if some code gets written in an Apple product that lets people in, bad people are going to find their way to it, very likely."

Although he criticised the company over its Watch but he holds strong regard for Tim Cook. He said, "He is continuing a strong tradition that Steve Jobs was known for of making good products that help people do things they want to do in their life."

He even supported Apple's current plans on self-driving car division and said, "The car market makes total sense to me for Apple, but the important thing is that I hope if they get off on a product, something that they could sell and make a lot of money for but is not ‘insanely great’ as Steve jobs would say, Apple should drop it and start over."

He left Apple in 1981 after a disastrous plane crash.